Re: [OM] Copyright Infringement

Subject: Re: [OM] Copyright Infringement
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 16:56:47 +0200
If I were you, I would register the copyright with the Copyright Office (as
Tina correctly said, copyright is a right that you have whether or not you
register it, but to litigate on the basis of copyright it does need to be
registered). Then I would see if a lawyer would take a case based on copyright
infringement AND moral/emotional distress, given that it was an extremist right
wing group that committed the offense.

Cheers,
Nathan

On 18 Jun 2013, at 13:10, Bob Whitmire wrote:

> Hum.
>
> Go here:
>
> http://mittromneycentral.com
>
> Then, under categories, go to Maine and click, or just click here:
>
> http://mittromneycentral.com/category/states/maine/
>
> Scroll leisurely down the page until you come to a photograph of a certain
> lighthouse all of you have seen many times. Notice there is a photo credit.
> Be advised that at no time and under no circumstances did I give permission
> for this photo to be used, nor have I signed a contract or been paid a
> royalty fee.
>
> An attorney I know has recommended a good copyright attorney who lives in the
> area, but I know that's going to be expensive. She also recommended I contact
> mittromneycentral and demand the photo be taken down, and if they comply
> that's probably the best I can hope for.
>
> I know some of you have at least studied this phenomenon before, and I
> thought I'd come here first.
>

> --Bob Whitmire
> Registered Neanderthal
>
> --