[OM] OT: Trains in the USA, was Re: IMG: Nathan's PAW 23: medieval mark

Subject: [OM] OT: Trains in the USA, was Re: IMG: Nathan's PAW 23: medieval market, department day out, cycling...
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 06:06:03 +0100
Back in 1990 we thought that we as a family might try a the train to a holiday
destination somewhere in the middle (from Florida) but the cost was
astronomical; we flew to Phoenix, in the end, to hire a Cruise America RV for 3
weeks.

It's almost as if the British Conservative party had been to the US and
privatised the railway system in the most haphazard way possible, resulting in
continued cost to the taxpayer but with reduced service to the traveller (the
same person).

Chris