Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 23: medieval market, department day out, cycl

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 23: medieval market, department day out, cycling...
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 06:46:57 +1000
Plus how long for the trip each way to the airport, the cost of parking
(vicious here), the check-in, security, the...
Melbourne-Sydney flight 1hr (55m one way, 1.05 return (winds).
Drive one hour plus.
Park and ride - 20 mins.
Check-in & security (with steel knees)and walk to gate - 20m.
Double all that.

Flight cost - anything from $100 to 250 one way, cattle class, extra for a
check in bag..
Road Tolls - $15
Car fuel, depreciation, etc - whatever.

Train would be a lot slower but I can read, work, get coffee, stretch legs. And
I'll put money on the idea that Australian rail is worse than Amtrack.
I think I might investigate the rolling options.  :-)
I'll trade time and ease for rush and irritation anytime.

My son disagrees but he never gets to fly anywhere below business class and
says long distance  1st class on Emirates delivers you happy, well fed, well
slept and refreshed at only five times the price. and he is a very grumpy young
man.

Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.soultheft.com