Re: [OM] [Leica] Image Editing System

Subject: Re: [OM] [Leica] Image Editing System
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2013 11:21:56 -0400
When I finally made the switch to Macs years ago, my biggest problem, and one
that occasionally still rears its head, is that I over think. Most of the time
with Macs you just do what you want to do. If you stop to think about it,
you'll mess up or paralyze yourself. Natch, it's a bit more complicated these
days because the systems are so much more complicated, but as a rule, Macs are
still easier to drive than PCs. I liken it to BMW  and Harley-Davidson
motorcycles 30 or 40 years ago. If you liked to constantly tinker with all
components and systems of the bike, you rode a Harley with a complete took kit
and a bag of spare parts. If you just wanted to get on a motorcycle and ride,
you rode a BMW. The Japanese took that get-on-and-ride philosophy to unheard of
levels. Today, they're all pretty much get on and ride. PCs and Macs aren't
there yet. PCs still take more fiddling, and as a consequence, are more
customizable. (However, the big advantage to Mac is no need to pollute
 your system with Symantec nonsense, or any other anti-whatever nonsense, for
that matter. I've been practicing unsafe computing for _years_ with nary a
hiccup.)

--Bob Whitmire
Registered Neanderthal