[OM] Cost - Image Editing System

Subject: [OM] Cost - Image Editing System
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2013 22:19:54 -0700
I've just priced out a system at avadirect.com.

Intel Haswell i7-4770, quad-core, 3.4 GHz
32 GB, DDR 1600
240 GB Crucial M500 SSD
WB 1TB Black
Case, power supply
Front panel card reader and USB 3.0 ports
Minimal video card (They don't show a no card option. I need to look into
whether that particular mobo supports Intel on
board video. A different mobo might lower the cost. It's not clear to me
whether the faster aspect of an external card
applies to what PS uses the GPU for.)
Win7 Pro
3 year warranty, with better/longer options available.

$1350

I thinks this is as hot for PS as one can get, short of overclocking.

I also need to check into this vendor's rep. Components are all named by
brand/model, so not much to go wrong.

Progress Report Moose