Re: [OM] IMG: Eggs!

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Eggs!
From: Charles Geilfuss <charles.geilfuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 13:00:18 -0400
Brian,
   Regarding myocardial infarction (heart attack), the practical answer is
no; virtually all are secondary to atherosclerosis. About 90% of strokes
(cerebral infarction) are caused by atherosclerosis. The remaining cases of
stroke are due to vasculitis (inflammation of cerebral blood vessels),
embolism (in which a piece of a blood clot elsewhere in the body, typically
the heart, breaks off and winds up in the brain) or herniation (in which
edema of the brain causes it to shift inside the skull and a blood vessel
is pinched off by pressure against one of the taut membranes in the brain
cavity).

Charlie