Re: [OM] OK, now that I sorted that out.... Ballhead recommendation

Subject: Re: [OM] OK, now that I sorted that out.... Ballhead recommendation
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 12:00:05 -0700
On 3/14/2013 9:07 AM, Piers Hemy wrote:
> And I agree with all the good words about the 410 (and also with Moose's
> warning about its awkward shape), although I didn't have to scout hard on
> the auction site - bought it right here on the list!

One more practical warning about use. Like other Manfrotto three way heads I've
used, but perhaps not all, the one
direction in which it will go sideways for verticals is also the direction in
which heavy lenses tend to loosen the
tripod thread.

There are a couple of threaded holes in the QR plate. Depending on camera or
alternate QR receiver/clamp, one may put a
short bolt or length of threaded stuff in one of them to stop unwanted
rotation. One is 1/4"-20, the other 3/16-(16?)

Quarter Twenty Moose