Re: [OM] Statins, was Re: Reverse adapter - mount MFT lens on FT?

Subject: Re: [OM] Statins, was Re: Reverse adapter - mount MFT lens on FT?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2013 11:37:07 -0500
Oh, bearing gifts to the docs works very well here too... so much so
that I doubt that most docs even see the conflict of interest.  What
docs do every day with drug reps would get you fired in a flash if you
worked for IBM (at least when I was there).  But to really boost sales
it also helps to have patients asking for drugs by name.  It used to be
considered unethical to have direct drug advertising to consumers but
that fell by the wayside in the US in 1969 and has grown dramatically
ever since.  But most countries (wisely) disallow it.  New Zealand and
Canada also allow it but the Canadians don't allow specific product claims.

Chuck Norcutt