Re: [OM] Statins, was Re: Reverse adapter - mount MFT lens on FT?

Subject: Re: [OM] Statins, was Re: Reverse adapter - mount MFT lens on FT?
From: Charles Geilfuss <charles.geilfuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 12:48:23 -0500
  Both numbers are metric system derived but in Europe they use SI
units which are mmol/Liter whereas the metric units used in the USA
are mg/dl. The conversion factor is 0.0259. I had to learn SI in the
middle of my training; the standard metric units are still used in
medical practice here, but journal publications typically use SI
units. I never could get a clear explanation as to why SI was better;
I was told it was more "physiological" which I thought was BS. It was
just those pesky EU types being difficult.

Charlie