Re: [OM] Statins, was Re: Reverse adapter - mount MFT lens on FT?

Subject: Re: [OM] Statins, was Re: Reverse adapter - mount MFT lens on FT?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2013 15:56:12 -0800
On 2/8/2013 2:02 PM, Tina Manley wrote:
> Tom and I have been very lucky and have never taken prescription medicines
> of any kind, except for me during my knee replacement.  When I had my knees
> replaced, I was on Warfarin for the shortest time possible.

Good for you!

> Our family
> physician is very conservative and prefers food as medicine.  He commented
> at our last physicals that most people have files the size of books.  Our
> files are less than four pages after having him as our physician for over
> 30 years.

Mine is even smaller, perhaps even non-existent.

> Food, happiness, and staying active are the best medicines.

Emotional and mental state, i.e. happiness, most important of the three, to me.
There are yogis in the East who live
very long on astonishingly poor diets and with physical inactivity.

> I am convinced that most cancers and many other disorders are caused by the
> environment and what we put in our bodies.

Certainly factors, but I think emotional/mental/spiritual condition is at least
as big a factor.

> I wouldn't put it past most pharmaceutical companies to cause disease in
> order to cure it - at a price!

I wouldn't put 'cause' past them. Certainly, as Bill and I have just posted,
invention of diseases is part of their
stock in trade.

Who Would Invent a Moose