Re: [OM] New Camera, and some Photos Uploaded.

Subject: Re: [OM] New Camera, and some Photos Uploaded.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2013 15:07:26 -0800
On 2/1/2013 2:42 PM, Jim Nichols wrote:
> I agree with that philosophy, Moose.  That is why I am still using XP.  But
> when you buy refurbished machines, you kinda take what comes.

Who is this "you" to whom you refer? I've never bought refurbished, and hope I
never do. For a desktop, I want to buy
just short of the bleeding edge, so it will last me a long time. I run things
like PS, long and hard, and will be doing
some video, so pure performance is important to avoid sitting around waiting a
lot.

St Peter: So is seems you didn't get up to much trouble in the later half of
your life. Why is that?

Sr. M.: I didn't really have a lot of time to spare for shenanigans.

STP: Why is that?

SM: I spent most of my time waiting for my computer to finish doing things.
Somehow, the wait was never long enough to
go do something else, but somehow cumulatively long enough to gobble up much of
my life.

STP: Ah well, perhaps you didn't know who was behind most computer and software
development?

SM: Oh, my.

> My wife uses
> her computer for games that promote brain/hand/eye coordination, such as the
> DOS game, Weltris.  When her old one died, we got a Dell refurb that had ME
> installed.  For her use, it has done fine.  With no connection to the
> outside world, it is also virus-free.

Sounds like what Carol uses her iPad for, much of the time.

I was once a fairly wizard player of Tetris on the GameBoy. There were, I'm
sure, kids who were better. But I could keep
the game all at the bottom until the pieces started falling like rain and then
keep it together for at least a few
moments. Hmmm, these scribbles I found seem to indicate level 180 and a score
of almost 110,000? But there are probably
other scribbles elsewhere.