Re: [OM] Windoze version [was now Apple vs Windoze]

Subject: Re: [OM] Windoze version [was now Apple vs Windoze]
From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 18:38:39 -0500
I've never had a problem with XP or 7.  I skipped Vista. I have 8 but
haven't installed it.  I'm not sure all of my programs are compatable.  Not
all of them are compatable with Windows 7/64 so I'm also running 7/32.  I'm
not sure how that works for Windows 8.  I have to read a lot more before
I'll install it.

Tina

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 5:39 PM, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 1/30/2013 8:44 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
> > Otherwise, yes, upgrade to Windows 7. I absolutely abhore Vista. From
> everything I'm seeing so far, Windows 8 is kinda
> > like Vista/ME in this line of hideous versions. I'm sure Windows 9 will
> be wonderful.
>
> Just to provide a counterpoint, I've been running Vista on this machine
> for years. It just runs and runs and runs. I've
> installed hundreds and uninstalled many pieces of software and a
> added/changed several pieces of hardware.
>
> Significantly more stable than the XP pro on it's predecessor machine and
> XP regular still running on my old laptop.
>
> Win7 on my newish notebook has likewise been very solid, and it's network
> stuff is nicer, but it's not been tested like
> the Vista desktop.
>
> Different Vista Moose
>
> --
> --