[OM] The Seamy Underbelly [and still HDR question]

Subject: [OM] The Seamy Underbelly [and still HDR question]
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 18:19:45 -0500 (EST)
Thanks a bunch for thinking about this, Moose. Yes, it is the G9 which
doesn't owe me a penny at this point.

Come to think about the sidecar files, I had processed the files first
so PS had them there--perhaps that is way the geometric lens distortion
was
fixed in the HDR merge from the cr2 files. I tried to somewhat mimic
the DR required in the desert by shooting out the window with deep
shadows in a room in
the foreground. If I saved the details in the ighlights there was some
noticeable loss of detail in the shadows with the best exposure--w/o
hdr type of processing
at least for that small sensor. I could not detect much difference
merging the cr2 files to HDR or the 16bit acr processed ones kept open
in PS . I have no clue if the
geometric lens aberration correction will still be done if I hadn't
pre-processed the files before--perhaps you hit the nail on the head
with that.
I am constantly reminded how much there is to figure out in PS.

Mike