[OM] Windoze version [was now Apple vs Windoze]

Subject: [OM] Windoze version [was now Apple vs Windoze]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 14:39:48 -0800
On 1/30/2013 8:44 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
> Otherwise, yes, upgrade to Windows 7. I absolutely abhore Vista. From
> everything I'm seeing so far, Windows 8 is kinda
> like Vista/ME in this line of hideous versions. I'm sure Windows 9 will be
> wonderful.

Just to provide a counterpoint, I've been running Vista on this machine for
years. It just runs and runs and runs. I've
installed hundreds and uninstalled many pieces of software and a added/changed
several pieces of hardware.

Significantly more stable than the XP pro on it's predecessor machine and XP
regular still running on my old laptop.

Win7 on my newish notebook has likewise been very solid, and it's network stuff
is nicer, but it's not been tested like
the Vista desktop.

Different Vista Moose