Re: [OM] New to TOPE Galleries - thread-jacking inside

Subject: Re: [OM] New to TOPE Galleries - thread-jacking inside
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 16:38:12 -0800
On 1/10/2013 7:35 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
>> OTT I don't think it a good idea to take tablets, or phones ... into
>> account as the site is about photography, for which tablets are hardly
>> a tool,

Perhaps not for you or me, Philippe. There are people young of heart/mind, and
mostly of body, who are doing some good
work on pods/tablets/phones.

My younger son, the graphic artist, has done commercial projects on
iPad/iPhone. Work with vector software, not raster,
and it is full resolution at any size. The coat of arms on a pub/restaurant
came out of that tiny device.

The screen on the new iPad is really nice. I think good work on photos could be
done with it. Not my style of work, but
that isn't stopping other folks.

>> and phone the worst thing to think of when you want to view a
>> photo. Of course YMMV.

As indeed does my mileage vary. Viewing properly sized images on the iPad3 is
quite satisfying. What really surprised me
was looking at my photoblog images on an iPhone5. Great? No. But way better
than I had expected. The overall look of the
image is really good, and a little finger gesturing allows zooming in and
panning.

Again, not my preferred mode, but I see all sorts of young people viewing
things this way. Different brain paradigm?

> I've been watching the trends on this very closely as well as looking
> at the visitor logs on my websites as to OS and browser. I require no
> further convincing. Phone/Tablet computing isn't just the future, it's
> the now. The speed of this shift is amazing.

Yeah, one of those things where you look up, and find the world has changed
around you.

> So much so that I'm under
> some pretty heavy pressure to change Zone-10 over

I was certainly happy to find that my choice what you consider retro soft tech
works quite nicely on small touch devices.

> to a new CMS that
> supports it better. It also means that I had to avoid stuff that leans
> on java, flash or a myriad of other old standards of content
> enhancement.

Is it HTML5 now?