Re: [OM] New to TOPE Galleries

Subject: Re: [OM] New to TOPE Galleries
From: Frank Wijsmuller <wijsmuller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 15:45:18 +0100
As I understand it correctly the 'dpi' setting is irrelevant for monitor
viewing. Assuming the monitor allows displaying the full size of the
picture, the dimensions (pixels) of your picture determine which area of
the screen is occupied, *not* the 'dpi'  setting of the picture.

When resizing, the algoritm used (with it parameters) determine the quality
of the resized image. The relation between the original dimensions and the
resized dimension will probably influence the quality of the resized
picture, but I expect the 'dpi' setting of the original picture  to be
irrelevant as well.

So given the 900 pixel default viewing size of the gallery & the
actual algorithm used, there could be some native resolutions of the
original picture that give a better 900-resized picture then others. 1800
might be better then intermediate values, it is worth a try.

Best, Frank

2013/1/10 Bob Whitmire