Re: [OM] Instagram Wants To Sell Users' Photos Without Notice

Subject: Re: [OM] Instagram Wants To Sell Users' Photos Without Notice
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 13:03:10 -0800
On 12/20/2012 12:30 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
>> one of her galleries with no attribution.  Not a huge deal to me, but I
>> decided then and there not to post anything on FB that I really cared about.
> Yeah, that seems to be pretty much it. I'm pretty hard pressed to put
> anything up there other than junk cell-phone images.

Now you folks are making specious distinctions. People can grab images from
your own web sites just as easily as from
FB/IG.

Putting family images on a private web site doesn't protect them against what
Joel experienced, unless you don't provide
the URL - which kinda defeats the purpose. ;-)

I'm not aware of any way to stop that, short of requiring the viewer to
download an app that provides access while
disabling screen capture. Once it is on the screen, it's in video memory, and
may be copied. Stopping that would require
OS level intervention.

No Foolin' Moose