Re: [OM] Instagram Wants To Sell Users' Photos Without Notice

Subject: Re: [OM] Instagram Wants To Sell Users' Photos Without Notice
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 21:54:30 -0800
On 12/19/2012 9:38 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
>> Inside the teapot, the storm rages, powerful, frightening, laying waste all
>> 'round.
>> Outside, I would not have even heard a whisper, were it not for this list.
> I feel honored that this list has been your sole source of information
> since Monday! It's been all over about every news outlet in the world.

Didn't I just say something about choosing one's sandbox(s)? I didn't know
about yet another school shooting rampage
until yesterday. In retrospect, Peter said something that might have given me a
clue, but I didn't pick up on it.

Not sorry I didn't, either. I can't think how knowing about it adds in any way
to my life.

Remember, the News - isn't.

But I'll admit that I use the fact that I'm surrounded by people who do follow
the 'news' to my advantage. I can pretty
well count on them as filters who will mostly tell me what may impact my life,
and little I don't need. Carol was
appalled when she realized I didn't know about the (insert name here) shooting
until she mentioned it in some other
context. I still can't see how that mattered.

About that mountain. It's very nice up here, nobody freezes their ass off, the
perspective is refreshing, and no one
dies of stress related illnesses.

Aerie Bound Moose