Re: [OM] IMG: The Fruit Sellers

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: The Fruit Sellers
From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 17:53:33 -0500
Thanks, Moose.  Most of the Guatemalan people that I'm photographing do
have very coarse, sunburned skin from spending their lives outside in the
brutal Central American sun.  The main problems we see in the clinics are
skin problems, eye problems - cataracts, also from the sun, respiratory
problems from the smoke in their houses, and indigestion from their diets.
 Skin problems are probably #1.

You can see some of it here in another in-camera scan:
http://www.pbase.com/image/147221931

I'm still working on the Kodachrome and have upgraded to the latest
Silverfast, version 8.  It's got a steep learning curve!  I do have the KC
target and am working with that.  I would much prefer to use the scanner
instead of the camera.  For hundreds of thousands of slides, doing each one
in the camera is hard to think about!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com