Re: [OM] OT: Weather Heads-Up

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Weather Heads-Up
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 16:17:14 -0700
On 10/30/2012 7:02 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
> Mudslide Moose wrote:
>> Fair Weather Moose
> Well, other than the occasional mudslide, fire and earthquake,

You seem obsessed with mudslides. I'm not sure where that comes from. In any
case, it's not an issue here.

I'll cop to the fire, although it didn't affect us, nor, given the lessons
learned, is a repeat likely.

So I looked it up. Total deaths from earthquake in the last 100 years on the
whole Pacific coast, Washington, Oregon and
California = 391.

Total up extreme weather deaths for the East Coast for the same period. Total
up extreme weather deaths in the Midwest
for the same period. OOps.

> Berkeley seems like a great place to live. Well, except for all the
> masses of people...

Ah well, I run into that occasionally from people who have just visited, or
even a couple of people who lived briefly
near downtown or on the south side of campus. Up where we live, it's woodsy,
low density, peaceful and quiet. Pure luck
that we're here, and I'm deeply grateful.

> Sunshine and calm here

It was supposed to be pretty warm today, but started up overcast and the sun
didn't come out 'til about 2. Still some
thin cloud cover and cool. Can I blame that on Sandy?

Cloudy Moose