Re: [OM] OT: Weather Heads-Up

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Weather Heads-Up
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 15:51:03 -0400
As I can tell from the natural beauty of the pictures you post.

As a category 1 this storm isn't much with respect to wind velocity (I
saw much worse in hurricane Andrew in '92) but its characterisitic is
that it is simply huge with a tropical storm wind field spanning 900
miles.  I don't live anywhere near the coast these days (at least during
hurricane season) but it's expected to pass overhead here very
s-l-o-w-l-y and beat us with rubber bats for a couple of days.

On the other hand you wouldn't guess the sort of trouble the news media
is talking about with only a 3-4" rainfall prediction for where I am.
Go figure.

Chuck Norcutt