Re: [OM] OT: Weather Heads-Up

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Weather Heads-Up
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 11:01:58 -0400
While Sandy wreaked a lot of havoc elsewhere (like NYC) the lion turned
into a pussycat in upstate New York.  We prepared as best we could and I
was very concerned when, at about the time the eye of the storm was just
hitting the coast, the wind started blowing at about 50 mph and it
started raining.  But it didn't last very long before there was a big
lull.  When I went to bed the prediction was that it would start up
again at about 3-4 am.  But I awoke this morning to nothing more than
stiff breezes and a rain guage that said 1/2".

My email wasn't working early this morning since my server is in Boston.
  The server management said there was a wide spread power outage in the
Boston area. They were up and running under emergency generators but
couldn't get beyond the additional mail servers in the Boston area that
they are dependent on.  Came back up about 10 am.

Very thankful to not be facing a week long power outage as many probably
are.

Chuck Norcutt