[OM] OT--Favorite Defrag Program?

Subject: [OM] OT--Favorite Defrag Program?
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 17:56:22 -0400 (EDT)
Defragging one old office computer with Fat 32 generally only used by
one office staff to run excel is profoundly enhanced by defragging,
never reexamined the issue until the comments here.

Doing a bit more digging, Dr. Disk appears to be nearly if not wholly
spot on.

PC World 2011
"Defragging and Optimizing:
In days past (the age of FAT16 and FAT32), regularly defragging a hard
drive made a noticeable difference in the speed with which it loaded
applications and data--now, not as much. Even so, optimization--placing
large, often-used files such as Outlook .pst files in the
quickest-to-load location on your hard drive--can speed things up"

Then found this including comments from Steve Gibson:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/214678/defragging_why_how_and_whether.html

The author  recommends running the windoze one for the reasons
mentioned once a month.

I have always been impressed with Spinrite--now that has been a good
utility.
One thing about defragging is it does refresh the data and all things
look quite neat--excellent placebo effect as well. It is free afterall.
   It does make data recovery possibly  easier as mentioned. Some
suggest start up time Might be imroved though I have not seen hard data
on that.

 Mike