Re: [OM] Shootin' In The Dark!

Subject: Re: [OM] Shootin' In The Dark!
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 13:28:21 -0700
On 7/31/2012 6:24 AM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Straight out of the camera is indeed very nice.

Thanks for looking.

The lens has something to do with it, too. So far, it seems at least as good
overall as the Tammy 28-300 for FF, and
seems to have better bokeh in more situations. Not that it doesn't go all
busy/edgy in some focal length and
subject/background situations, but it does seem so far to do so less.

The bokeh in many of these images is really quite nice.

> I see that the sky was cooperating with nice, soft light.

Micro climates are interesting in these hills. The sun was shining at my house,
a few miles South, when I left. It was
largely overcast at the gardens, but with some times of direct sun. I took it
to be simply the common movement of the
marine layer inland on many afternoons. When I got home, it was still sunny
there. The ways of marine layer low overcast
and fog are many and mysterious.

JPEGs are quite nice in the sun, too. Write times to record both large/fine
JPEG and Raw are ridiculously slow.

Defending JPEGs!? Moose