[OM] Shootin' In The Dark!

Subject: [OM] Shootin' In The Dark!
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 22:20:26 -0700
What happens when you put a guy with a new camera and lens in a dim room in the
middle of the night?

Shootin' In The Dark!

Here's the view from my reading chair with our all year 'round little lights on
around the front window.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Home/E-PL1_First_Images&image=P7260015.jpg>

I blame the mess on Milo, the cat in Carol's chair in the center, and his cat
and human companions. ;-)

A closer, still life, view of the left side.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Home/E-PL1_First_Images&image=P7260012rotcroofm.jpg>

And just the Goddess figure.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Home/E-PL1_First_Images&image=P7260010rotcr.jpg>

Those were taken with the M.Zuiko 14-150 lens. Now, on to the OM Zuiko 200/5. I
know, the 200/4 should be better. But
the f5 is such a nice match to the tiny camera, in size and looks. The f4 is
just a monster by comparison. Do the
esthetics of the equipment affect the image made with it?

Carol started hanging small things in the window panes on Christmas long ago,
and now there are things in some panes all
the time. Here are a couple:

Partridge in a pear tree, dark.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Home/E-PL1_First_Images&image=P7260017rotcroofm.jpg>

Partridge in a pear tree, light, courtesy of a 25 sec. exposure.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Home/E-PL1_First_Images&image=P7260019rotcroofm.jpg>

I tried the long exposure NR up to 60 sec. Sure, it doubles the exposure time,
but works very well, and I was in no
hurry. Noise at base ISO of 100 is quite low and rather well behaved in the
shadows.

For the prior images, I only partially corrected WB, leaving much of the warmth
of the lighting. This one is fully
corrected, as I love the color of the stone.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Home/E-PL1_First_Images&image=P7260021pad.jpg>

In The Dark Moose