Re: [OM] Images from Holidays in North Wales plus Xpro1 and OMD

Subject: Re: [OM] Images from Holidays in North Wales plus Xpro1 and OMD
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 17:20:24 +0200
Apologies, for all the Typo's I was rushing and trying to get the email
out before Cai's nurse left, I should have waited.

I feel I should explain that I think I would have been happy with the
OMD, I have a lot of good lenses for it and it is nice, light and small,
however it like the other digital camera's I have tried before let you
you take good photo's quickly and easily, Which to be honest is what I
usually need but if you want to stray away from this into manual mode
then its much more difficult than the XPro1 which is a camera that is
maybe not so good as the olympus in auto mode but it has the key
controls in easy reach, it has its faults, the first image from wakeup
is overexposed so if I haven't taken a photo for a while I just click
one off as I bring it up to my eye. I do believe though that eventually
I will know it well enough that it will become automatic in use and
hence more enjoyable than any other digital camera I have previously owned.

Shooting SLR style is new to me frustrating and yet exiting, you don't
see the whole image because of the lens so you sometimes get a nice
surprise and you also don't notice if the lens cap is on and then you
have to wait for it to finish the exposure with the time it has
calculated with the cap on, I can see these things being annoying to
some especially if you just want to pick up the camera and shoot rather
than getting to know it. To me I am prepared to get to know it better
and it has advantages for me over the OMD, I do think though that my 5D2
will not get much use - a shame especially since getting the new tamron
24-70/2.8VC which is a very good lens and match to the camera.