Re: [OM] Photos from RAGBRAI day 5 -- I made it!

Subject: Re: [OM] Photos from RAGBRAI day 5 -- I made it!
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 17:41:22 -0500
On Sat, Jul 28, 2012, at 03:46 PM, Moose wrote:
> Sheesh! Now I'm exhausted.

Thanks for looking, Moose.

> And I think I may have gained a little weight at the ice cream booths.
> :-)

Hits the spot. I have a buddy who used to ride RAGBRAI about 20 years
ago.  He said one time he gained four pounds riding 504 miles across
Iowa.  This seemed incredible to me, but he said that he would drink 5
or 6 beers at a stop.  Once he ate dinner and then rode around the
corner and discovered an even better dinner and ate dinner again.

> Not my idea of fun, but I'm glad you enjoyed it. The pics give a nice
> sense of the event.

Thanks. A lot of sweat and carnival.

Joel W.

                          wherever you are