Re: [OM] Photos from RAGBRAI day 5 -- I made it!

Subject: Re: [OM] Photos from RAGBRAI day 5 -- I made it!
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 09:47:25 -0500
On Sat, Jul 28, 2012, at 08:20 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
> I rode one day a couple years ago. You are in a constant mode of passing
> and being passed. If you pull off to stop for any reason, it can take a
> couple minutes to find a gap big enough to merge back in.

I was surprised that it never thinned out much at all.  RAGBRAI abhors a
gap.

Communication was much like the Occupy Movement's "people's megaphone"
as "car up" would travel back through the phalanx of bikers and "rumble"
when we would approach a rumble strip (something I sometimes just rolled
over with my heavy steel frame).

Joel W.