Re: [OM] Photos from RAGBRAI day 5 -- I made it!

Subject: Re: [OM] Photos from RAGBRAI day 5 -- I made it!
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 09:36:51 -0500
Hi John,

The ride on Tuesday into Webster City was apparently just horrible.
Nearly as long as Thursday but in the 100s with headwinds.  The Webster
City hospital was apparently swamped and riders said that there were
ambulances going up and down the road all day long.  My bike is old and
heavy but I wanted to ride it on RAGBRAI at least once.  I may get
something lighter in the course of the year, but a lot of other riders
were carrying 10-15 pounds they didn't need -- if you know what I mean.

I drink a lot of G2 and water.  I do better that way than just on water
alone.  In Vinton they had free water, but it was at the end of town, so
most people had spent money on other ways of watering up beforehand.
Clever.  In Garwin one booth had breakfast burritos and Bloody Marys for
the drunks.

Joel W.