Re: [OM] Photos from RAGBRAI day 5 -- I made it!

Subject: Re: [OM] Photos from RAGBRAI day 5 -- I made it!
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 08:20:51 -0500
I rode one day a couple years ago. You are in a constant mode of passing
and being passed. If you pull off to stop for any reason, it can take a
couple minutes to find a gap big enough to merge back in.

It was fun, but definity not relaxing. I was mentally exhausted long before
my body was. It's a death march on wheels. If it wasn't voluntary, RAGBRAI
would be considered one of the greatest crimes against humanity, ever.
Especially this year with the heat.

The rule of thumb is that for every registered rider there is somebody who
isn't. And for every registered rider there is someone else travelling in a
vehicle. The crowd is massive.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx