[OM] They say it is the bottom of the real-estate market

Subject: [OM] They say it is the bottom of the real-estate market
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 17:26:36 -0500
If so, just maybe I won't lose my shirt on this house.

Just got back a couple minutes ago from the closing. I now own a
darkroom with a house attached.

All said and done, throughout the entire process, I signed my name no
less than 120 times. The regulatory changes since the housing collapse
has turned this into an absolute nightmare.

Timing is everything... The house we're renting is entering
foreclosure, the tornado damage not repaired (bank swallowed up the
insurance check, so no repairs possible--that hole in the roof will do
wonders...). I suspect that we're within days of getting our eviction
notice from the bank. Within the week after we got our offer accepted,
two other parties tried to place offers. Since the tornado, there are
no available rental properties anywhere near the town. Nada. Zilch.

I wouldn't ask my list buddies to help me move, though.

AG (the M-Monochrom with 35/1.4 would have been far less expensive) Schnozz