Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 28: England and Wales

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 28: England and Wales
From: JOHN DUGGAN <john.duggan10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 23:29:53 +0100 (BST)
Nathan, caption of the river at Newport is incorrect. The river at this point
is tidal, no more than 1/2 ml from the sea. The photo shows it at "low tide" At
high tide it rises to the level of the mud line shown on the bank opposite. The
wharf shown was used for unloading ships that came up on the high tide. At high
tide the river is quite impressive with the water flowing back upstream for a
number of miles.

Regards
John Duggan,
Wales, UK