Re: [OM] They say it is the bottom of the real-estate market

Subject: Re: [OM] They say it is the bottom of the real-estate market
From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 21:03:02 -0400
If I were closer, I'd help you move!  We bought an old farmhouse that had
been abandoned for two years and was right on a busy highway.  We
considered tearing it down and starting over, but it has 11 foot ceilings
and lots of undiscovered charm.  We're still working on discovering it.  We
moved the house back 300 yards from the highway and put a full basement
under it.  Right now we're sleeping in the dining room while we paint and
wallpaper the bedroom.

Sometimes I think it would have been smarter to move into an assisted
living community but we are really enjoying our farm and birds and garden.

Hope your move is equally enjoyable!

Tina

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 6:26 PM, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If so, just maybe I won't lose my shirt on this house.
>
> Just got back a couple minutes ago from the closing. I now own a
> darkroom with a house attached.
>
> All said and done, throughout the entire process, I signed my name no
> less than 120 times. The regulatory changes since the housing collapse
> has turned this into an absolute nightmare.
>
> Timing is everything... The house we're renting is entering
> foreclosure, the tornado damage not repaired (bank swallowed up the
> insurance check, so no repairs possible--that hole in the roof will do
> wonders...). I suspect that we're within days of getting our eviction
> notice from the bank. Within the week after we got our offer accepted,
> two other parties tried to place offers. Since the tornado, there are
> no available rental properties anywhere near the town. Nada. Zilch.
>
> I wouldn't ask my list buddies to help me move, though.
>
> AG (the M-Monochrom with 35/1.4 would have been far less expensive) Schnozz
> --

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com