Re: [OM] FF vs OM-D [was Push Pins in Color]

Subject: Re: [OM] FF vs OM-D [was Push Pins in Color]
From: "List, OM" <om-list@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 01:55:30 -0700
OM-D vs FF  http://jkeller.com/OM-D_vs_FF.jpg

The Domke bag holds the OM-D, 9-18, 12-50, 40-150, and 75-300. It actually
feels lighter than the Canon 5Dii next to it.
I don't think I've gotten proficient with the controls/menus on any digital
camera I've owned. The touch screen does make many settings very easy to
find and change. I like the two control wheels on the top of the camera.

The lens quality? ... The images as currently converted by Adobe CS5 tend
to show more fringing than Canon L or the Nikon shown in the snapshot. I
haven't spent any effort trying to remove it.

Being careful not to imply something I don't want to - the 75-300 doesn't
fall into an easy point and shoot lens category. Online reviews have
described the main problem - shutter shock. With the first tests I did with
it I got a better image hand-holding it than I did mounting it on a tripod.
Hand holding a 600mm eq is at the limit of my abilities.

Jeff Keller