Re: [OM] IMG: Push Pins in Color

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Push Pins in Color
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 20:26:16 -0700
On 7/13/2012 9:49 AM, Jim Nichols wrote:
> Thanks, Chuck.  Except outdoors in sunlight, where the display is difficult
> to see, the F10 does a nice job for me.

The F30 display is a big improvement in sunlight. I don't know if it's just
good AR coatings or a combination with
something else. Manual control is nice too. With the F10, I spent a lot of time
locking exposure with a half press with
high contrast, outdoor subjects. Worked well most of the time, but a slight
hassle.

> I have left the camera on "Auto ISO" for some time, so that, when I pick it
> up, I have little fiddling to do
> before shooting.

The F10-F31 series are really the first breakthrough in small camera high ISO
performance. ISO 800 with a mostly bright
subject like this is right up their alley. Would still be nice for this size at
1600, with perhaps some FM NR.

> I believe Moose has the F10 as well as the F30.

Yup, still got both, I offered the F10 for sale here a while ago, but no
offers. Somebody try low balling me.

> Fuji starting getting things right long before their recent success.

The early F series are still the only ones that got the whole package right.
Take a look at "I Am NOT Saying the Fuji
X-Pro1 Sucks..." on TOP for an alternate view of their latest.
<http://theonlinephotographer.typepad.com/the_online_photographer/2012/07/x-pro1-sucks.html>

I do love their creative approach to sensor system design, but ...

Non Compos Fuji Moose