Re: [OM] OT: Vintage Visitor

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Vintage Visitor
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 12:38:15 +0100
A distinct difference, Piers, thanks.

Cliff probably flies CR-S for the same chap who owns the Me-109.  I hear that
he owns part of the Spitfire, but it's a pretty pricey beast!

I'll have a think about the geometry of the Tornados you saw, but if they are
singletons in trail they are probably just heading for a single-track entry to
Tain range.  We used to head north from Lossiemouth in battle formation, but if
we were a gaggle of students we would be singletons in trail at about 30secs to
a minute (3 to 7 nm).  A formation requires a supervisor who is qualified as a
"Pairs Lead" or "Fours Lead" otherwise the formation must not be authorised.

The Board of Inquiry will have been constituted and they will be starting the
long process of constructing the aircraft tracks and how they came to meet.  We
won't know for sure for at least 6 months.

Chris