Re: [OM] OT: Vintage Visitor

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Vintage Visitor
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 06:28:40 +0100
I would, Don.  But it requires a fair amount of clout and experience.  I
suspect that Cliff Spink was station commander of RAF Coningsby, where the
Battle of Britain Memorial Flight is situated.  This means that he would have
been trained to fly the Spitfire or Hurricane and would therefore have an
immediated "in" to the world of powerful single-engined fighters.  It's a
small, select community . . .

Chris