Re: [OM] OT: Vintage Visitor

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Vintage Visitor
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 10:03:23 +0100
The weather up here has been odd this week - very misty, but very patchy,
banks of sea-mist giving way very suddenly to bright sunshine, so you may
well have a point. Yes, they were flying as a pair, one trailing the other
(in itself unusual) on an ENE track roughly parallel to the southern
coastline of the Moray Firth, and very much closer to me (maybe 1km), on the
southern shore of the Cromarty Firth) than is usual. The normal sight is 1,
2 or 3 singletons following a NNE track closer to the northern shore of the
Cromarty Firth (about 4km away) heading for the range at Tain, on a track
parallel to the northern coastline of the Moray Firth.  That they were a
pair, and so much closer, is possibly what made me look.

I only saw your first Me-109 image, couldn't look at your Smugmug site
yesterday, but since looking at the site today, I realise one of the reasons
for my knowing Cliff Spink's name - you!  The Spitfire XVI TD248 with CR-S
markings is surely his?

And compare these:

<http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/81/HA-1112-M1L_Buchon_C4K-1
02.jpg> from <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hispano_Aviaci%C3%B3n_HA-1112>