Re: [OM] OT: Vintage Visitor

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Vintage Visitor
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 10:07:14 +0100
Reading one of the Wikipedia articles in my reply to Chris a minute or two
ago, Chuck, revealed that the aircraft in question almost certainly has a
Merlin engine!  A 1950s Spanish workaround to meet a specific need at the
time.  But that aside, the other Wikipedia article makes clear that the
original Me 109 engine was also a V-12, although inverted (another tell-tale
for the aircraft in Chris' image being Spanish - the exhausts are at the top
of the cowling instead of the bottom).

Piers