Re: [OM] IMG: Les Feux d'Alice

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Les Feux d'Alice
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 06:17:26 +0100
It was frightening to read the report again, Chuck.  I might have said before,
but my job at MacDill required me to help move aircraft out of the path of a
Hurricane, normally north to Dobbins AFB or somewhere similar.  My wife was not
impressed with the idea that I would "fly to safety" leaving her and the boys
to fend for themselves . . .

No, I never flew to Homestead; we flew north and west if we left MacDill.
However, I did make an unscheduled stop at Cecil Field once, the result of a
poor fuel calculation on my part and the presence of a very strong headwind
preventing my safe return to MacDill . . .

Chris