Re: [OM] OT: I understand how Brian feels

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: I understand how Brian feels
From: Donald <d1956m198d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 22:35:14 +0100
On 10/06/2012 18:02, Chris Barker wrote:
> Thanks for all that information, Ken.
>
> Our connection to the Internet is delivered by copper wire, through local
> loop unbundling, whatever that means :-).  I'm pretty certain that the
> bandwidth is limited and my connection is therefore slowed by use upstream,
> the contention rate.
>
> And the signal for 3G is not great here either . . .
>
> Chris

We have VirginMedia cable services. They just trebled my internet speed,
no additional cost, which was nice of them, and the phones are OK.

I just upgraded to an HD box, because we bought a new TV (Panasonic
Viera) and the cycling coverage sometimes starts earlier on HD. So I had
to deal with customer support. Virgin Customer Support is a large
warehouse with no staff and tumbleweed blowing down the empty space.

It took four attempts.

Wouldn't give Murdoch the money or have an ugly dish on the house.

But the Dauphine was great in HD!

;-)

D.

PS - welcome to the newbies - dive right in!

--
I'm a Mac, but I'm happy with my PC.