Re: [OM] Pixco adapters -bad; Big_IS -good (was "Re: How Ken invented

Subject: Re: [OM] Pixco adapters -bad; Big_IS -good (was "Re: How Ken invented
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2012 08:20:11 -0500
On Tue, May 8, 2012, at 10:25 PM, Moose wrote:

> Having been blessed with exceptional vision in my "shootin' eye", focus
> confirmation in MF mode is largely superfluous.
> I'd trust my eye first, anyway.

I have basically excellent vision as well.  My left eye is better than
20/20, but the right, which I shoot with, is more comfortable in the
medium range that applies to a VF.  This often makes LV less important
to me in working with many objects because I can more quickly get focus
where I want it through the VF.

I use focus confirm in a number of instances just to try to figure
whether my eye or it is better.  I don't have an answer to that yet,
which is possibly a good sign.  I am more apt to rely on focus confirm
with wides.  Experience tells me the chip is just better than I am in
that territory.

Vision is certainly a sort of adaptive behavior.

Joel W.