[OM] Pixco adapters -bad; Big_IS -good (was "Re: How Ken invented

Subject: [OM] Pixco adapters -bad; Big_IS -good (was "Re: How Ken invented
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 20:38:58 -0400 (EDT)
I have never read any details from the threads on FM but surmise one
would
determine the near and far limits of triggering the AF and/or screen
clues for that aperture and FL  and lean
in or out to split the difference.  The AF trigger using  the chipped
adapters will trigger
slightly differently if approached from MFD or from infinity.   I think
AG already does something like this
to improve focus  precision.  I would bet Big Foot that if this is
possible as it seems to be, AG or Moose could pull it off.
I kinda sorta could do it from a tripod but then mag LV is dramatically
easier and reliable if the situation permits.

Justa F4 run-of-the- mill alt focuser, Mike

> The stock screens are essentially the same and allows
> for reliable focusing to about F4 according to Chuck  W.  and I can't
> seem to do much better though the alt lens mavens
> on FM seem to be able to get to F2.8 by interpolating between far and
> near limits of depth of focus.

Mike,
How do they do that?

Joel W.