Re: [OM] Happy ...

Subject: Re: [OM] Happy ...
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 07:12:52 -0500
On Mon, Apr 9, 2012, at 10:24 PM, Moose wrote:
> On 4/8/2012 10:48 AM, Joel Wilcox wrote:
> > ... spring revitalization/rebirth ritual occasion of your preference.
> >
> > Today being mine,
>
> Happy. Many.

Thanks Moose.  I always know there is at least one other who likes the
flowers.

> I also like 417, just to confuse those who find my bokeh bustin'
> annoying. The bokeh is really 'awful', but works really
> well. Not at all realistic, but very like a painting might look.

That's what struck me about it too. Or like the background was under
water.

> Most of the bleeding heart images look good to me. 430 might be the best,
> but it's a near thing. Our last bleeding
> hearts didn't last, but we are trying again, with a different variety. My
> favorite bleeding heart shot is special
> because I recall taking on the porch outside the Ansel Adams gallery in
> Yosemite. :-)
> <http://galleries.moosemystic.net/Yosemite/pages/02043032.htm>
>
> Film shot, maybe 35-105/2.8 Tammy.

Two things:  Great composition.  Always hard to manage the greenery as
you have done.  The lens:  EOS mount?  Do you still use it on the 5D?
If so, how well does it work for you?  I've had my eye out for one of
those (though not looking too hard). I like that zoom range quite a bit.
 On a vacation trip, I could probably shoot 95% of my photos with a lens
of that range.

Joel W.