Re: [OM] (OM) OT Really OT :-(

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT Really OT :-(
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 07:14:42 -0400
Typically, we differentiate between speed traps and, well, speed traps. The bad
kind are as Chuck described, when the limits and locations are cleverly placed
so motorists likely will miss them, or when there is zero tolerance for excess
speed. The fair kind are when police or troopers are set up somewhere
monitoring traffic in locations that have a history of bad driver behavior.
Several towns south of here, Bath and Brunswick, both have big roads passing
through them, and low speed limits because of congestion, and the police are
pretty strict. I consider that fair game because changes in speed are clearly
marked with warning signs well in advance of the lower limit.

As for Chris's stories from Arizona, well, I think you have to consider that
it's Arizona, and for some reason a lot of people there have suffered
debilitating attacks of sheer lunacy in the past few years. We hope they'll get
over it and rejoin the rest of us, but if they don't I may start a movement to
give Arizona back to Mexico.

--Bob