Re: [OM] (OM) OT Really OT :-(

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT Really OT :-(
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2012 06:18:03 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

> After reading this excerpt from Huffington Post, I'm SO glad
> that New Zealand doesn't have semi-autonomous police units
> like the USA does.

     This is really tame compared to other incidents.  Here where I live, the
local police have beaten kids having a water balloon fight.  The kids were all
members of a cop-watch organization, and they had numerous video cameras
recording the incident.

     In another incident, a local hispanic cop made a traffic stop and forced a
couple of black guys to do a rap performance, which he later broadcast on a
nationwide police blog.  He was forced to resign and later rehired by a federal
agency.

     In Phoenix we had a cop go into a rage about two years ago, shooting a
family dog and a suspect who was on his knees in restraints.  That one has yet
to go to trail.  And given the propensity of lawyers and government covering up
police wrongdoings it may never go to trial.

Chris