Re: [OM] (OM) OT Really OT :-(

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT Really OT :-(
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2012 09:21:06 -0400
Or the old Florida speed trap, one of which still exists in Waldo,
Florida on US 301.  The state cracked down on these many years ago but
the one in Waldo continues... or so says the billboards erected by
private parties on either end of town saying to watch out!  I put up
with it since US 301 is my preferred route running diagonally across
Florida and it only takes a couple of minutes to get through Waldo (at
dramatically different speed limits which change suddenly).

Fortunately, I've never encountered what the Huffington Post article
complains of despite traveling some 30,000 or so highway miles all
around the entire country in the past four years.  But I know it exists
because of the stupidity of our drug laws.  The lure for small, local
police forces to rake in money is just too strong.  Fortunately, my
experience is that local police do not normally patrol the interstate
highway system.  That's usually left to the state police who are usually
a much more professional organization.

Chuck Norcutt