Re: [OM] (OM) OT Really OT :-(

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT Really OT :-(
From: Paul Laughlin <pelaughlin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2012 17:01:57 -0700
That can't happen in Oregon, these days.  All traffic fines throughout
the state go into the state general fund, not to the town, city or
county.  The voters passed that in a referendum election a good number
of years ago.  Now, before that election, McDermott was famous for that
very thing.   The downside of that law is that the towns no longer have
the revenue from the legitimate fines to pay for their police departments.
Paul in Portland OR