Re: [OM] (OM) OT Really OT :-(

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT Really OT :-(
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 22:43:24 +0100
That's the spirit!

Among my many sins, in the past, has been driving a hired Mini (original model)
rather too fast around a roundabout (traffic circle) northwest of London, on my
way to Herefordshire.  I had joined the RAF by the, but was a callow youth
nonetheless.

When stopped by a solo policeman I allowed him to see my ID card while
rummaging for my licence and he left off immediately: "pretty nippy these
Minis; better watch your speed in the future . . ."

I did, and have done since -- most of the time :-)

Chris