Re: [OM] [OT] ADHD

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] ADHD
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 22:19:44 -0700
On 3/17/2012 10:05 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
>> Attention Deficit = Unable to suppress normal brain function enough to pay
>> close attention to something nowhere near
>> worth the attention.
> Looking back at my childhood, this was a problem for me because I
> usually got something the first time. The American education system is
> design to repeat, repeat, repeat until enough kids see enough of the
> pattern to be able to pass a test, but still never understand it.

Yup, although it's much worse now than when I was in school. The standardized
tests are ruining education.

> Anyway, cutting to the chase here...  I have ADHD. I learned how to
> control it and also learned how to recognize and compensate for the
> work-affecting issues. Most of the time. It is cyclical and right now
> is pretty bad. I sat in a conference the last two days and almost came
> unglued. I had to play games on my cellphone just to keep from having
> to run out the door.

No electronic gizmos back then and I wasn't much of a doodler. I took ball
point pens apart and put then back together
millions of times in school. I had to do something to keep part of me busy or
my mind was gone somewhere else - which
causes endless trouble.

> Some days, it can get really rough.

May they lessen in intensity and frequency, brother!

Nobody cares if I pay attention now, but of course I can when I'm the one
choosing the subject.

Subjected Moose